The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 12th July 2022 Is “LIMITING GOD”
Text: Jeremiah 25:12-29
12. And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.
13. And I will bring upon that land all my words which I have pronounced against it, even all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah hath prophesied against all the nations.
14. For many nations and great kings shall serve themselves of them also; And I will recompense them according to their deeds, and according to the works of their own hands.
15. For thus saith the Lord God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink it.
16. And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the sword that I will send among them.
17. Then took I the cup at the Lord’S hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent me;
18. To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and a curse; as it is this day;
19. Pharaoh king of Egypt, and his servants, and his princes, and all his people;
20. And all the mingled people, and all the kings of the land of Uz, and all the kings of the land of the Philistines, and Ashkelon, and Azzah, and Ekron, and the remnant of Ashdod,
21. Edom, and Moab, and the children of Ammon,
22. And all the kings of Tyrus, and all the kings of Zidon, and the kings of the isles which are beyond the sea,
23. Dedan, and Tema, and Buz, and all that are in the utmost corners,
24. And all the kings of Arabia, and all the kings of the mingled people that dwell in the desert,
25. And all the kings of Zimri, and all the kings of Elam, and all the kings of the Medes,
26. And all the kings of the north, far and near, one with another, and all the kingdoms of the world, which are upon the face of the earth; and the king of Sheshach shall drink after them.
27. Therefore thou shalt say unto them, thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Drink ye, and be drunken, and spue, and fall, and rise no more, because of the sword which I will send among you.
28. And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thin hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, thus saith the LORD of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.
29. For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished; for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.
KEY VERSE: Jeremiah 25:28
“And it shall be, if they refuse to take the cup at thin hand to drink, then shalt thou say unto them, thus saith the Lord of hosts; Ye shall certainly drink.”
Click here to read yesterday teaching by Pastor Kumuyi
Many do not get to know the of God until they are mired in near-death adversity. They call upon Him and He mercifully delivers them. That drives them to acknowledge that there is indeed an all-powerful Lord. Others, like Saul of Tarsus, would only come to know Him when He intercepts them as they head for a distant land to persecute His people.
In Jeremiah’s day, the godless nations in the Palestine region, which felt that the sovereignty of the God of Israel was limited to Jewish territory, experienced His rule over all the universe. After the Lord gave a charge to Babylon to conquer Judah and exile its citizens as punishment for its sin against Him, He sent Jeremiah to deliver a message to other countries outside Israel. They were to drink God’s “wine cup of… fury”. It was heaven’s judgment against the surrounding nations that maltreated Israel.
BILLY GRAHAM DEVOTIONAL 12TH JULY 2022
God would always deal with His people when they act contrary to His will. But to prove that He was not a regional God, He would not be indifferent to the ungodly works of those outside the orbit of Israel. If He did not, those nations would think that the God of Israel was impotent, with no authority over them.
The God of Israel is the God of all flesh who exercises control over all. Whether unbelievers acknowledge Him or not does not detract from His omnipotence. He has an appointed time to terminate man’s evil system. Then would He punish His enemies and reward those who acknowledge Him as the omnipotent Lord.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God is unstoppable!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…
Thank you for Reading. This Devotional was shared via Thedevotionals.com.ng