‘Domino’ is the new single by French indie-dance artist Myd, which features production courtesy of Tom MacFarland from the acclaimed UK duo Jungle, out via Ed Banger Records / Because Music.
LISTEN TO MYD – DOMINO (REMIXES) HERE: https://mydsound.lnk.to/dominoremixes
Today, Myd released three brand new remixes of ‘Domino’. From UK house and disco legend Dan Shake Dan, the first remix brings us to the dance floor adding glittering synths, a punching bassline, and distorting Myd’s vocals to lengthen the track to a climaxing crescendo The EP remix also includes a ‘Festival Mix’ from Myd, and new ‘Dub’ remix from Ed Banger label boss Pedro Winter (Busy P).
Known for his house classics, Dan Shake is the only non-Detroit artist signed to Moodyman’s prestigious Mahogany Records label. The producer behind the single ‘3AM Jazz Club’ which is culminating over 1 million views, Shake has played the most prestigious clubs and festivals in the world, was the April cover star for Mixmag, and recently announced his new residency at BBC Radio 1. Regarding the remix, Shake said “Myd is an absolute boss. I’ve been a fan of him for a long time now, and was completely gassed when I received the email asking to remix his latest! ”
The official video for the original track, also out now, was made by renowned YouTube creator Robert Carlson of 5MadMovieMakers – one of the world’s most renowned Hot Wheels experts in the world. It features a first-person journey of a Hot Wheels toy car as it races along a track, winding through gardens, bedrooms, beaches – and even past Myd himself.
‘Domino’ is the result of a collaboration between Myd (real name Quentin Lepoutre) and Tom MacFarland, one half of acclaimed, platinum-selling duo Jungle. The new single displays each artists ’unique talents: with Myd’s vocals shining through the verses and the impeccable beats and use of samples, guitars and synthesizers that both Myd and Tom MacFarland are both so adept at. The song continues the themes of unity, togetherness, sunshine and nonconformity which flow throughout Myd’s music, including his acclaimed debut album ‘Born A Loser, released last year.
Born in Lille, Myd is a guitarist, DJ, producer, songwriter and singer whose debut album ‘Born A Loser’ was released via Ed Banger Records last year to widespread acclaim. He has been nominated for a Victories of Music Award (the equivalent of a GRAMMY in France), and recently saw single ‘The Sun’ be certified Gold worldwide. He has been making music for over ten years, firstly as a founding member of the beloved collective Horse clubwhere he helped produce and remix for artists including Kanye West, Dua Lipa, Theophilus London, Brodinski and more. He then went solo, signing to Pedro Winter’s Ed Banger Records, and released debut album ‘Born A Loser’ in 2021.
Whether playing as the leader of his 3-piece live band or DJing on the decks, Myd is a consummate performer and live experience. His most recent visits to London saw him DJ at the reopening of iconic nightclub Fabric, and then return to headline a sold-out Village Underground with his live band. Thankfully, Myd is set to perform festivals and venues across Europe this summer, both live and as a DJ. Full live dates below:
- Friday June 10th – Maifeld Derby Festival, Mannheim, Germany
- Saturday June 11th – Melt Festival, Gräfenhainichen, Germany
- Friday June 17th – Caribana Festival, Crans-près-céligny, Switzerland
- Saturday June 18th – Off Sonar, Barcelona, Spain
- Friday June 24th – Plage de Cap Cabourg Normandie, Cabourg, France
- Saturday June 25th – La Magnifique Society, Reims, France
- Sunday June 26th – Cabourg Mon Amour, Cabourg, France
- Sunday July 3rd – Paradise City, Brussels, Belgium
- Thursday July 7th – Musilac, Aix-les-bains, France
- Friday July 8th – Baou, Marseille, France
- Saturday July 9th – Baï Baï Festival, Pinsaguel, France
- Sunday July 10th – Terres du Son, Monts, France
- Friday July 15th – Jack Rabbit Slim’s, Northbridge, Australia
- Friday, July 22nd – The Night Cat, Melbourne, Australia
- Saturday July 23rd – Splendor in the Grass, Yelgun, Australia
- Wed, July 27th – SuncéBeat, Tisno, Croatia
- Friday July 29th – Esperanzah Festival, Floreffe, Belgium
- Thursday August 11th – Sziget Festival, Budapest Iii. Kerület, Hungary
- Saturday August 13th – Brunch -In Weekender, Barcelona, Spain
- Aug. 19th – 21st – MS Dockville, Hamburg, Germany
- Thursday August 25th – All Points East Festival, London, UK
- Saturday August 27th – Touquet Music Beach Festival, Le Touquet-paris-plage, France
- Saturday September 10th – Repercussion, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Tuesday September 27th – Myd (live) – L’Olympia, Paris, France
Domino ‘by Myd is out now via Ed Banger Records / Because Music.
For more on Myd:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Spotify | Apple Music | Amazon | Deezer | YouTube