Open Heaven 7 July 2022 Thursday Daily Devotional By Pastor EA Adeboye – Get Reports II
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional
Open Heaven 7 July 2022 TOPIC: Get Reports II
MEMORISE: “So then every one of us shall give an account of himself to God.” — Romans 14:12 (KJV)
READ: Revelation 2:1-7 (KJV)
1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
2 I know thy works, and thy labor, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast labored, and hast not fainted.
4 interest I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalms 99-101
Open Heaven 7 July 2022 MESSAGE:
The Bible reading for yesterday showed us how Jesus delegated some assignments to His disciples during His earthly ministry. The Bible reading for today, shows us that Jesus is still delegating responsibilities even now that He is seated at the right hand of the Father in Heaven. This time, He is getting the reports of the Pastors first hand and giving them the report of their performance so that they can improve in the work that He has given them to do.
Also Read: Open Heaven 6 July 2022 – Get Reports I
Now, you as a leader must constantly assess those who you delegated duties to and give them a report of their performance. Tell them where they are doing well and where they need to improve. Make sure you give them this report in time before they go so far in doing the wrong thing to the point that all that would be left would be to suffer the consequences. In the Bible reading for today, Jesus made sure that He gave the angels of the Churches a report of their performance before the consequences showed up. Whether they hearkened to His report or not is another thing, but He gave the report.
As a delegate, when you don’t pay attention to the reports your superiors give you, you end up suffering the consequences. My advice for you is that you don’t even wait for them to give you a report of your performance; go to your superior and ask, “Sir, how am I performing at the duties you gave me to do?” When the fellow then tells you your performance, you must make adjustments to ensure that you do more of what the report says you have been doing well and improve on what it says you have not been doing well. That way, you can avoid any consequences that would have come if you did not get a report quickly enough.
Beyond getting a report on what your delegates are doing, you also need a report from them on how you are doing too. A leader must not be afraid to get reports from those that he or she is leading. You cannot see and understand the effect of all your actions and words, hence you need other people to give you a report on your own performance once in a while. If Jesus could ask His disciples for feedback on how people perceived Him (Matthew 16:13-15), you are not too big to ask for feedback from those you are leading.
Open Heaven 7 July 2022 ACTION POINT:
Ask your superior both in the office and Church to give you an objective report about your performance so far and also advice you on how to improve in your duties.
Open Heaven 7 July 2022 HYMN 15: Now Thank We All Our God
1 Now thank we all our God
with heart, hands and voices,
who wondrous things has done,
in whom his world rejoices;
who from our mothers’ arms
has blessed us on our way
with countless gifts of love,
and still is ours today.
2 O may this bounteous God
through all our life be near us,
with ever joyful hearts
and blessed peace to cheer us,
to keep us in his grace,
and guide us when perplexed,
and free us from all ills
of this world in the next.
3 All praise and thanks to God
the Father now be given,
the Son and Spirit blister,
who reign in highest heaven
the one eternal God,
whom heaven and earth adore;
for Thus it was, is now,
and shall be evermore.
RCCG 10 DAYS MID-YEAR FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE
DAY 4: THURSDAY JULY 7TH, 2022.
PRAYER FOR MERCY (CHURCH)
BIBLE TEXT: ISAIAH 49:10-13, HOSEA 1:7
The church needs more prayers of mercy these days as the onslaught from the kingdom of darkness continues to increase upon the church.
- Father, thank you for your grace and mercy that your Church enjoy every day in Jesus name. Lam 3:22.
- Father, thank you for redeeming your Church from the hand of the enemies in Jesus name. Psa 107:1-2.
- Father, thank you for the early revival of the Church that brought about explosive kingdom growth on earth in Jesus name. Acts 2:47.
- Father, thank you for using your Church to reach out to many unsaved souls in many nations of the world in Jesus name. Mat 28:18-20.
- Father, have mercy upon your Church and wake us up from sleeping and slumbering in Jesus name. Isa. 56:10.
- Father, have mercy on us and dismantle every form of ungodliness and unrighteousness in your church globally in Jesus name. Romans1:18
- Father, have mercy upon your Church and let the power of the holy ghost manifest like in the days of old in Jesus name. Acts 23:6-7.
- Father, in your mercy, let the gift of the fruit of the spirit begin to manifest in your church in Jesus name. Gal 5:22
- Father, have mercy and rekindle your fire of deliverance upon your Church in Jesus name. Oba 1:17.
- Father, have mercy and uproot every ungodly power that has penetrated to the position of authority in your Church in Jesus name. Matt 7:15.
- Father by your mercy, let every satanic altar erected against your ministers and church be demolished by the fire of the Holy Ghost in Jesus name. Num 23:1-2.
- Father, take away sickness, diseases, infirmities from household of your ministers and church workers in Jesus name. Exo 23:25.
- Father, arise in your mercy and let every plant you have not planted in your church, be uprooted by the fire of the Holy Ghost, in Jesus name. Mat 15:13
- Father, forgive Your church for all acts of greed and covetousness in Jesus name.
- Father, by your mercy and grace, deliver the church from foolishness of unhealthy comparisons and spirit of ungodly competition 2 Cor 10:12
Open Heavens 2022 Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor EA Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC. Open Heaven for Today 2022
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus’ name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.