The Greatest Curse Of The Human Race By Dr. DK Olukoya
Click HERE for Previous MESSAGES by Dr. DK Olukoya
THE MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLE MINISTRIES INTERNATIONAL HEADQUARTERS
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
TOPIC: THE GREATEST CURSE OF THE HUMAN RACE
Anchored SCRIPTURES: JAMES 3:16; GENESIS 4:9; 2 TIMOTHY 3:2; PHIL 2:21
MINISTER: DR. DANIEL OLUKOYA (GO MFM WORLDWIDE)
Listen to me very carefully as I say these words. Every sinful action that man does, can be traced back to a particular thing. Every fundamental trouble that the human race has, can be traced back to a particular thing. The reason this world is so upside down can be traced back to a particular thing. The reason some people forget the fingers that fed them can be traced to a particular thing. The reason some people are disloyal can be traced back to a particular thing.
The reason some people are only happy when things are going bad, can be traced to a particular thing. The reason there is so much fighting and marital stress can be traced to one particular thing. The reason there is no peace in this world can be traced to a particular thing. The reason so many people struggle so hard to pull other people down can be traced to a particular thing.
The reason people engage in envy, bitterness, and jealousy can be traced to a particular thing. Practically every sin; any sin you want to talk about, no matter the name of that sin be it abortion, fear, adultery, anger, anxiety, arrogance, astrology, backbiting, blasphemy, refusing breaking to hear God’s word, taking bribes, up homes, having evil desires, committing fornication, giving false reports, spoiling other people’s names because you want to rise, gambling, gluttony, denying christ, rejecting God’s voice, smoking and drinking, doing drugs, loving pleasures more than God, despicing the poor, raping people, polygamy, stealing, any sin at all that a man does, can be traced to just one thing – SELFISHNESS.
Also Read: The Stones Will Cry Out! By Dr. DK Olukoya
The fact is that majority of human beings are bloody selfish. Some forget where they are coming from, they forget how they get to where they got to, because they are just purely selfish. Almost every sinful action that man commits has its roots in selfishness. Every bad thing we are doing, we can track down to a very selfish motive. Everything that is wrong in this our sinful world is rooted in the selfishness of man
Therefore beloveth, selfishness is the greatest curse of the human race. It is one of the principal fruits of the corruption of human nature and of all the vices that degrade man, selfishness is the worst. That is, you have undue love for yourself with total disregard of how others feel. You do not care how others are feeling, you just want to defend only your own interest and this is why in Christianity, everything is the way it is.
- Would seek its own pleasures.
- Would only seek their own well-being and they want to take advantage of others all the time.
- Is when somebody has been helping you all along and one day he is not able to help you and then you flare up and forget all the past helps the person has been rendering.
- Is the attitude of being concerned with your own interest above the interest of others.
So beloveth, our fundamental problem is that we are selfish. That is the truth. We are bloody selfish. If Jesus was selfish He would not come down to die for anybody’s sin. He came down to die because He was selfless. This is one thing that is getting absent now. Unfortunately, a foundation of selfishness will lead to adultery, fornication, uncleanness, witchcraft, hatred, strife, envy, murder, drunkenness, all kinds of things.
When Eve arrived at that tree, what really was the problem was selfishness. She did not need that thing but she just wanted to satisfy herself. Somebody had given instructions not to do something but she did not care what the person who gave the instruction would feel. You do not mind breaking the heart of anybody. It is a terrible matter. Your body is craving sex but because you are selfish and want to satisfy yourself, then you force somebody else into what you want to do, or you go and pay for that sin. Practically every sin can be traced to selfishness.
God created all His angels. One day, one of the angels said “I will lift up my throne above God Himself”. That showed selfishness, only thinking about himself. He did not think about the havoc and problems he was causing for others. This generation we are in, is a generation of ingrates and it is causing trouble – a sign of the last days. Selfishness is the essence of sin. Throughout all creation, there is nothing except the selfish human heart that lives for itself. The way God planned everything in His creation was planned so that one thing would be a blessing to the other.
He did not plan it for one thing to be self centered. Nothing great happens unless some people sacrifice themselves and offer selfless services. Some people are quick to criticize this and that. Some criticize the church, the leadership and everything but they forget that somebody due to his unselfish attitude committed his life, blood, and sweat to make them come to Christ. The way people will know you came to this world and you left an impact is what you contribute to the life of others. Nobody is ever remembered for what they got. People are remembered for what they give, and the sacrifices they made.
I am praying this morning that every havoc that this selfish spirit has caused, that the blood of Jesus will evacuate them in the name of Jesus! (A sevenfold Amen).
Half of our troubles comes from always wanting our way. The other half comes from having that way. No wonder the Bible says “broad is the way that leads (look for that scripture)”. Of all the four lettered words in our dictionary, the worst four lettered word is “self”. Many of us will discover that we brought nothing into this world and it is certain you will take nothing out of it. At the end of life, you will find out that the only things we lost were those things we were trying to keep/hoard. But the ones you gave out stand as a memorial for you. They will know that you passed through this place.
You made a sacrifice. You made an impact. You left your footprints in the sands of time. It is always very interesting to see those who go to the cemetery to bury people. When an unserious person has died, you can see the crowd following them. When a serious person dies, you can see the crowd following them as well, because your works will speak after you; either positive or negative. When you hoard what you have, your world shrinks. The most terrible motive for most things that men do, is their selfish heart.
Selfishness is one of the commonest children of pride. It makes a person feel “how does this affect me? It is me that matters. They do not respect me. Do they know who I am?”. The question is: who are you? If you die, will they dig more than six feet for you? The question is: who really are you? Selfishness will stop the flow of blessings into your life.
Are you listening to me this morning and you:
- Are insensitive to your loved ones? You are selfish.
- Are excessively angry when things do not go the way you want? You are a selfish person. Tell yourself the truth.
- Have an exaggerated sense of your self importance? It is selfishness.
- Use orders to get what you want? Selfishness.
- Are always critical of others? It is selfishness.
- Are very arrogant? Selfishness.
- Sometimes act like a spoilt child? Selfishness.
- Are you always demanding to have your own way? Selfishness.
- Are totally uninterested in attending to the needs of others? It is selfishness.
- And your motto is “I before others”? It screams selfishness.
- Are living a lazy life? It is selfishness.
- Do not enjoy giving, not knowing that the greatest key to divine wealth is generosity? Selfishness.
- Are abusing your body with drugs or getting drunk? Selfishness.
- Have this explosive anger? Selfishness.
- Use others sexually? Selfishness.
- React to every criticism with strong anger? Selfishness.
- Are very proud? That is selfishness.
This is a sin that heaven hates and if you find yourself in these examples, you really need to cry unto the Lord. When you want to combat this kind of sin, you require:
- Genuine humility; Remembering how Christ died for us.
- Genuine addressing of your life. Face facts about your life. Remove the disguise. Stop masquerading. Look really deep inside and see that you need help.
Right there beloveth, what you need to do is to begin to think very well. Something has gone wrong with the kind of Christianity we have now. It is cowardice and lack of sacrifice. In some other religions, they can die because of what they believe in; while the believers complain about the slightest discomfort that comes with serving God. They do not care about how things move, they just care about only themselves. The reason some marriages are in trouble is because man and woman are selfish and all of them want to look after only themselves.
I am praying this morning that this great curse on the human race that has ravaged the lives of so many people will not have power over your life, in the name of Jesus! (A sevenfold Amen).
- When last did you get on your knees to specifically pray for somebody that you know is not doing well?
- When last did you look at all those properties you have accumulated and see somebody in need, and give?
- When last did you actually give anything sacrificial to the things of God?
- When last did you inconvenience yourself for another person to be saved?
- When last did you preach salvation to somebody else?
- When last can you say you were kind to somebody else?
Think about it very well, and bow down your head right there on your seat.
[Before Ministration Prayers]
- Holy Ghost power, anoint my blood, in the name of Jesus.
Ask the Lord to forgive you of every sin of selfishness. Pray for this curse to be broken over your life.
It is no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me, It is no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me. In me, in me, Jesus is alive in me; It is no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me.
- O God arise, and have mercy upon me, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, my Father, my Father, repair my life, in the name of Jesus.
- [Lay your right hand on your chest]:
Blood of Jesus, wash my heart, in the name of Jesus.
- [Make this declaration seven hot times]:
Let the candle of the wicked be put off, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Ghost, purge my blood from satanic injections, in the name of Jesus.
God bless you in Jesus name.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Savior. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234 (803) 078-0919 OR +234 (817) 363-1657.